Strabourg Holidays - Travel Guide
Strasbourg has all the ingredients for a successful romantic weekend or family holiday. An exceptional architectural heritage that crosses the ages, a romantic and peaceful atmosphere to which its islands, irrigated by the branches of the Ill river, contribute greatly, and finally a unique and generous gastronomy. Its inhabitants love to live here and we love to stay here, especially on VeryChic trips ideally located to discover the treasures of the European capital. Here are some of the must-sees when visiting Strasbourg in 2 days, as well as our selection of hotels in Strasbourg.
The places not to be missed in Strasbourg
During your holidays in Strasbourg, set off to discover the city and its history. Visiting Strasbourg is a must when visiting the beautiful region of Alsace! It is a beautiful city, full of charm and pleasant to visit, whatever the season. What are the best cultural sights to see? Our experts have selected the ones that you should not miss:
Some of the most beautiful cultural sights in the world.
- The Strasbourg Cathedral: majestic, imposing and captivating, this is the must-visit during your weekend in the city. It is a true masterpiece that you will never tire of admiring. From the rue Mercière, surrounded by half-timbered houses, it reveals its most beautiful profile. After having taken pictures of it from every angle, it is time to visit the interior. Its magnificent stained glass windows are worth a visit, as are its gothic style and its astronomical clock. To finish the visit in style, we recommend climbing to the top of the cathedral, on the panoramic platform. 332 steps later, you will be compensated for your efforts by a breathtaking view of the city.
- La Grande Île de Strasbourg: the historic centre of the city, the Grande Île de Strasbourg is a Unesco World Heritage Site for its remarkable architecture. It is really very pleasant to walk around. You will be able to admire the most beautiful buildings of the city such as the cathedral or the tourist district of Petite France. We advise you to take the time to stroll around the Place des Tripiers, the Place Kléber or the famous Place Gutenberg.
Activities to do in Strasbourg: the must-sees
Before exploring lesser-known corners, you can start by taking a stroll in Strasbourg's must-see and very touristy district: La Petite France. A picturesque district, which is surrounded by the beauty of the canals and the half-timbered houses. During your holidays in Strasbourg, enjoy many local activities. Indeed, this city is not lacking in points of interest, so it is impossible to get bored. Here is a brief overview:
- Visit the Palais Rohan: located just behind the cathedral, the Palais Rohan, former residence of the city's princess, is home to several of Strasbourg's museums: the fine arts museum, the archaeological museum and the museum of decorative arts. If you had to visit only one museum in Strasbourg, we recommend the museum of decorative arts.
- Discover the culinary specialties of the region: have you ever tasted a traditional tarte flambute? Don't miss out on our good tables, in order to taste a sauerkraut and also to taste the flammekueche. To eat a good fantastic feast, two options are available to you:
- The first is to have a good meal, and the second is to have a good meal. The best way is to make sure that you have a good idea of what you want to do. The best one is to go to the birthplace of the flamed pie, Kochersberg. It will only take you 15/20 minutes by car to get to Kochersberg from the centre, and this is where you will find the best flammekueche, plus a very traditional atmosphere. If we have to recommend a restaurant in Strasbourg, it would definitely be Oie Gourmande, Willgotheim.
- If you want to stay in the city centre, there is a good solution to enjoy a pie worthy of the name: go to the Binchstub: their pies are really excellent and you will be conquered by the friendly atmosphere that prevails there.
Visit the most beautiful Christmas markets in Strasbourg
In fact, it is during Christmas that most travellers decide to visit the city. It is the capital of Christmas and the atmosphere is particularly festive during this time of year, when you can visit the most beautiful Christmas markets in Strasbourg. Among the most emblematic are the market of the Cathedral (Place de la Cathédrale), the Christkindelsmärik, the historical Christmas market (Place de Broglie), the market of the St. Martin's Cathedral (Place de Broglie) and the market of the St. Martin's Cathedral (Place de Broglie), or the one at Place Kléber where a 30 metre fir tree is masterfully placed.
Weekend in Strasbourg: where to sleep?
Many private sales of hotels in Strasbourg are available on our website for you to enjoy the best hotels in the city:
- For holidays in a chic and cosy hotel in the heart of Strasbourg, opt for Sofitel Strasbourg
- If you want to stay in a design hotel with a unique concept, we recommend staying at OKKO Hotels Strasbourg, in the heart of the Alsatian capital