Djerba holidays: what do I have to know
In your wardrobe, you tidy up to see more clearly. You find long-forgotten items and memories come back to you. Suddenly, you come across a white silk jebba sewn with gold thread. As you touch this clothing, you feel as if you are transported back in time, to that beautiful Tunisia that you have always dreamed of visiting. Without knowing her, you imagine deserted landscapes, turquoise waters, golden sunshine, and you can't stay without meeting her.
So you can't wait to meet her. Without further ado, you revisit this traditional outfit and plan your future Tunisian trip. It is the island of Djerba that instantly catches your attention. Everything is softness down there: fishing boats in the harbour, camel rides, colourful souks, ancient vestiges… You want to know all the secrets of this magical place and VeryChic is your guide. Come aboard our advice boat to experience a rich and unforgettable adventure.
Travel lovers, we tell you when to visit Djerba, what to do down there and where to stay. Heading south! We are sailing towards a fantastic territory scattered with treasures!
When to go to Djerba?
Before you drop anchor on this sweet Tunisian island, you need to know the best time to go. Our experts have analysed the seasons to give you the best times of the year to enjoy a holiday in this beautiful country.
So, it would seem that there is hardly any period that is not favourable for this warm, dry Mediterranean climate. However, we only want absolute perfection for you, which is why we could recommend from April to November to plan your incredible trip to Djerba.
Open your suitcase now to feel that excitement before the discovery of a new destination where the excitement will be total. Dress lightly and cover up, especially for the women (during the cultural visits), sun cream, hiking shoes, jumpers for the cooler evenings, your valid passport, but above all this splendid white and gold jebba! Boarding immediately!
What to do in Djerba?
Gustave Flaubert described Djerba as a "place covered with gold dust, greenery and birds, where the lemon trees are as tall as trees. With these words, the author only reinforces your irresistible desire to cover this territory that seems to have so much landscape to admire, so many specialties to enjoy and so many cultural activities to enjoy.
Set sail with VeryChic to a darbouka beat to discover what to do in Djerba!
What landscapes to admire on a trip to Djerba?
We moor our VeryChic travel boat on a beautiful beach of Djerba. Here, you set foot on land and feel the fine, warm sand slip through your fingers. You then improvise a walk along the coastline to the fishing port of Houmt-Souk. You put on a new jebba this morning and decide to go on an unusual trip to Tataouine, a little further away in the Tunisian desert, to find the filming location of the first Star Wars trilogy. Down there, fan or not, an incredible city of sand and stone awaits you. Breathtaking! After this experience, you'll set off on a journey of salt in this region, nestled by the white on all sides.
Djerba appears as a land of striking and surprising beauty. You then turn to its culinary aspect in order to continue your impressive day in Djerba.
What to try on a trip to Djerba?
Not being able to tire of the beaches and crystal clear waters of the island, you settle down in a straw hut and order a very traditional dish: grilled fish! What a delight to be able to enjoy fresh fish in such an idyllic setting. It makes you want to participate in the fish auction Houmt-Souk and Djerba in order to learn more about this know-how!
What cultural activities to do on a trip to Djerba?
In order to get to know the secrets of this island and its culture even better, you embark on a sporty walk to cut down on the few calories ingested. It is at the picturesque market of Midoun Djerba that you come face to face with its magnificent, colourful souk! You then take a moment to chat with the locals who show you a place to learn more about Tunisian handicrafts. Following their advice, you arrive at the village of Guallala where you are immediately overwhelmed by thousands of potteries. Big, small, wide, thin, coloured or neutral, all kinds of pieces are waiting for you and you don't know which one to bring back as a souvenir.
You stop in the village of Guallala where you will find a lot of pottery. All Inclusive in Djerba, as it happens to be one of the most convenient formulas in order to make the most of the beauty of the island!
On VeryChic, by launching a search to find your hotel in Tunisia, you will be able to discover the superb All Inclusive hotels in Djerba. You will undoubtedly be surprised and have a hard time making a choice.
- At the Palm Beach Djerba, you will be immersed in a luxury Oasis only for adults in All Inclusive. With your feet in the sand, you will take great pleasure in enjoying all the advantages of this fabulous five-star address. After a long day of sightseeing, what a pleasure to indulge in the Blue Spa and regenerate your body and mind.
- On the seaside, the Thalasso Tunisia Djerba welcomes you to its amazing estabilishment. Here you will spend hours in the water of its impressive swimming pool or under the jets of its charming spa. So you can spend your holidays in a relaxed atmosphere!
- It’s the oriental atmosphere of the Sentido Djerba Beach that finally catches your eye. On the terrace of the bar, you enjoy a mint tea or a black coffee in a fabulous horn facing the sea before bubbling in the turquoise pool and refreshing yourself at the Pool Bar with a fruit cocktail with your feet in the water.
What activities to do in the different hotels in Djerba?
If you were to tell us that you have covered all the secrets of the sweet Djerba we would find it hard to believe you. But we have more than one string to our bow. So, in the sublime offers we have for you, you will be happy to know that a multitude of activities will be proposed to you.
- At the Palm Beach Djerba, you will be able to sample all the specialities of the island and sip the best cocktails with its three restaurants and three bars. At the spa, you can choose between a hammam, an indoor pool, a sensory shower, treatments and massages. A relaxing experience! Still feel like swimming? Jump into the two outdoor pools before diving into the sea so close to you. Finally, you will be tempted by a game of golf?
- At the Thalasso Tunisia Djerba, a whole panel of cures will be proposed to you and you would be wrong to deprive yourself of them. Every day, you will have a programme of sports and activities such as aquaerobics, aquagym, ping-pong, archery, table tennis, mini-golf, tennis, paddleboat, kayak and windsurfing. In terms of swimming pools, there will be a wide choice between a central freshwater pool, a thermal pool, an indoor pool heated in winter and a children's pool.
- Finally, at the Oriental Sentido Djerba Beach, you can enjoy the spa with its hammam, sauna, swimming pool, treatments adapted to all, beauty centre, massages, solarium … And above all, you can try your hand at horseback riding, jet skiing, gymnastics, paragliding, quad biking, windsurfing, table tennis, water polo, water skiing, and much more.
Now you already know all the secrets of sweet Djerba. So all that's left is for you to take that lovely golden jebba and follow all our VeryChic tips for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or even a getaway with friends.